Last updated: August 23, 2021
This Privacy Statement applies to your use of the Phasezero.co websites (the “Sites”) as well ascertain Phase Zero Services (the “Services”).
If You participate(d) in a study or trial, please see the privacy statements in Your specific study or trial for more information or contact Your study sponsor or investigator for assistance.
This Privacy Statement is designed to inform you of the information we gather as part of your use of the Sites and Services where PhaseZero is the data controller. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By accessing or using the Sites or Services, you acknowledge your acceptance of the practices described in this PrivacyStatement and consent to our processing of your information as set forth in this Privacy Statement.
1.0 CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Phase Zero, Inc. (“Phase Zero” or “We”) may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. The date of any revisions will be displayed at the top of this Privacy Statement.
2.0 PHASE ZERO’S PLATFORM AND SERVICES
Please note that Phase Zero supplies its Customers withApplications and Services, particularly for purposes of clinical trials and healthcare research. When you use Phase Zero Services as part of your engagement with a Phase Zero Customer, you will be subject to a PrivacyStatement issued by that Phase Zero Customer. In such instances, PhaseZero acts as a data processor, working on behalf of that Phase Zero Customer(the data controller).
3.0 TYPES OF INFORMATION PHASE ZERO COLLECTS
As part of your use of the Sites and Services, We may collect:
- Information you submit to us (including contact information, demographic information, location information etc. which you supply via a web form or other input method);
- Non-Personal Data regarding your use of the Sites and Services - for example your “click-path” or how you navigate our Sites or Services, the duration of time you spend on a given webpage, how often you visit or use the Sites or Services, information about your browser or device from which you access the Sites and Services, pseudonymous IDs including information linked to DIIs (Device-Identified Information) such as Cookies, MAID (Mobile Advertising IDs), Statistical IDs, IP Addresses and other third-party identifiers which do not, by themselves, identify a specific individual);
- Payment information (including name, address, and payment method) if you make a purchase from Phase Zero using the Sites or Services;
- Geolocation data (such as the location from which you access the Sites and Services);
- Log and event data related to the performance of the Sites and Services
4.0 HOW PHASE ZERO USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Data which we collect via the Sites and Services for a particular purpose will only be retained and used for that purpose, unless you have agreed to allow us to use it for additional purposes as described in this Privacy Statement.
Generally, We will use Personal Data and other information we collect from you to:
- Provide you with technical support, customer service, and account maintenance;
- Fulfill the reason for which you provided us information;
- Tailor your experience using the Sites and Services;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections where applicable;
- Improve our Sites and Services, including for testing, research, and product development purposes;
- Send e-mails to our customers and users who want to receive e-mail from us;
- Protect the security of your account and our business;
- Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Sites and Services;
- Comply with applicable law;
- Provide, operate, and maintain the Sites and Services;
- Authenticate and verify user identities;
- Direct you to localized versions of the Sites and Services (which may include language optimized versions or versions which comply with the laws of a specific jurisdiction); and
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, and events, and to provide other news or information about us and our select partners.
5.0 HOW PHASE ZERO SHARES PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
When you have provided Personal Data to us for a particular purpose, we may disclose your information to other companies that we have engaged to assist us in fulfilling your request. This may include, but is not limited to fulfillment houses, billing services, transaction managers, credit verification services, and other third-party service providers. We may also disclose any of your Personal Data to law enforcement or other appropriate third parties in connection with criminal investigations, investigation of fraud, infringement of intellectual property rights, or other suspected illegal activities, or as otherwise may be required by applicable law, or, as we deem necessary in our sole discretion, in order to protect the legitimate legal and business interests of Company.
We sometimes share general, demographic, or aggregated(non-identifiable) information with third parties about our user base, but that information does not include any Personal Data
Your Personal Data may also be disclosed if Company assigns all of its rights and obligations regarding the use of your PersonalData at the time of a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, sale of all or substantially all of Company’s assets to a subsequent owner or operator, or similar event.
To the extent we collect any aggregated anonymous information, we may share that information and information derived from the aggregated anonymous information with our business partners.
6.0 HOW PHASE ZERO SECURES PERSONAL INFORMATION
Phase Zero implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access. We contractually require that our suppliers implement similar measures designed to protect personal information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access. No online service can ever be 100% secure, and as a result we do not guarantee the security of any personal information you provide.
The Phase Zero Sites, and some services and advertisements on the Sites, may contain “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of data that is sent to your browser, which will store the cookie on your computer if your browser is enabled to accept cookies.
Most internet browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You should refer to your browser instructions or “Help” screen to learn more about how to manage cookies. Please note, however, that if you block cookies, some portions of the Site and services may not function properly.
We do collect general, aggregated, demographic, and non-Personal Data using cookies and automated means (this includes technical information about your session with our website, such as your browser version and IP address, as well as information about your use of our website, such as how you navigate it and how long you spend viewing it). We will not seek to identify you through cookies or other means without your consent. This type of anonymous, aggregated profiling and session data may also include information that you have provided to us through surveys, polls, etc., but will not be tied to any Personal Data, without your consent.
8.0 DO NOT TRACK
The Website does not support Do NotTrack at this time. Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page.
9.0 CONTACT US
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, you can contact us via email at email@example.com